Tuesday, March 11, 2008

banning bloggers?

We're going to see more of this in the future, I'm afraid. Not only are more newspapers using bloggers to supplement their print coverage, but more and more newspaper people are actually leaving newspapers to blog on their own full-time. How much can sports teams (and, by extension, other organizations) limit the access of those who wish to cover them? It's not so clear-cut. On one hand, teams and other organizations have always issued credentials to working members of actual news outlets. But if, say, the life of kings sought access to a given event, would a team or organization be obliged to grant it? Not so simple, huh? Perhaps I should just try to walk into the Super Bowl or the Final Four in the future. I'm willing to bet I get my ass kicked by security accorded the utmost respect for all of my fine work.

No comments: